The tools you need.
From start to finishing.
Final Cut Pro X is a professional video-editing app that allows everyone from enthusiast editors to Hollywood filmmakers to make beautiful movies.
With tools for video and audio editing, titling, effects, and delivery, Final Cut Pro turns your Mac into a professional post-production studio with incredible performance on desktop and laptop systems.
Introduces support for 360 VR, allowing editors to create immersive 360° films. The new version also features advanced colorgrading tools, HDR support, and direct import of iMovie iOS projects.
360° video. Take your work further.
In every direction.
Final Cut Pro lets professional editors create VR content with the ability to import, edit and deliver 360-degree video and view the project in real time through a connected HTC VIVE headset with SteamVR.
Users can easily add 360-degree titles in 2D or 3D; apply blurs, glows and other immersive effects; and use visual controls to straighten horizons or remove camera rigs from equirectangular videos.
Standard photos and videos can also be added to VR projects and 360-degree video can be shared directly to popular websites including YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo.
Revolutionary video editing
- Magnetic Timeline offers a fluid way to edit, with color-coding
and flexible layouts to customize the look of the timeline
- Multicam editing means you can quickly sync and cut between video recorded with multiple cameras
- With 360 VR support, you can create immersive 360° films and watch them on a connected VR headset1
- 64-bit, GPU-optimized engine provides the power to edit 4K
video on MacBook Pro and 8K video on iMac Pro
Professional audio and graphics
- Edit audio with sub-frame accuracy and fine-tune sound with bundled effects and third-party Audio Units plug-ins
- Create stunning 3D titles with simple controls for changing
look, lighting, and animation
- Use advanced color-correction tools, including color wheels
and curves to create the perfect look—with support for gorgeous, wide-color HDR video
Final Cut Pro in the studio
- iMac Pro provides incredible power for 8K video editing and a gorgeous, wide-color display
- Add high-speed, external Thunderbolt storage for large video projects
- Connect a separate 4K or 5K display for an extended editing canvas
Motion and Compressor
- Motion is a powerful motion graphics tool that makes it easy to build amazing titles, transitions, and effects for Final Cut Pro
- Compressor lets you create custom export settings for Final Cut Pro and harness the encoding power of multiple Mac computers
Final Cut Pro on the go
- MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is thin, light, and powerful, so it’s perfect for editing on the go
- Start editing in iMovie on iPhone or iPad, then send your project directly to Final Cut Pro to finish your film
- Add AirPods or Beats Solo Wireless headphones for a private screening with fantastic sound
- Connect a 4K or 5K display to extend the Final Cut Pro interface to an external monitor
Additional Features in Final Cut Pro 10.4
- Easily import iMovie projects from iPhone and iPad into Final Cut Pro for advanced editing, audio work, motion graphics and color grading.
- HEVC and HEIF support for importing and editing high efficiency video and photo formats from Apple devices.
- Updated audio effects plug-ins from Logic Pro X with redesigned, resizable interfaces.
- Faster, higher quality optical flow analysis built on Metal, Apple’s advanced graphics technology.
macOS 10.12.4 or later
4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K
editing, 3D titles, and 360 VR)
OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K
editing, 3D titles, and 360 VR)
4.15GB of available disk space
1Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later, compatible VR headset, and SteamVR; 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics recommended.